Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Things change

Things change faster than we expect, often, slower than we hope, sometimes, but they change. More time seems to be mine again, unexpectedly. That's good. Time for a walk past the daffodils to a little cluster of trees with a mind of memories and plans. Things rarely turn out quite as we expect, which is sometimes good, sometimes bad, usually mixed. Expecting is a waste of thought really.




Apparently I should stop worrying so much about others, I was told by someone who insisted they were perfectly capable of devoting sufficient worry to themselves without me helping out with the worrying, because by worrying so much I was making them more worried than they were in the first place. Oh... That is a worry... but things have improved, and surely things have only improved because I devoted so much worry to them? Without me worrying things would have just got worse and worse. That's how the universe works isn't it?

I hope tomorrow turns out to be more like today than last Thursday. I wonder if I have any control over that?

Yes, I think I do.

9 comments:

  1. It is always good to get back in control of 'time' it gives space to focus the mind.

    Worrying is never productive, it usually makes things worse.

    If problems cannot be solved it is best to put them to one side. Easy to say I know ;-) But I always feel better when I have stopped worrying about things that are out of my control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... we do worry for a reason, otherwise we would be unlikely to survive long enough to breed, so we wouldn't be here, I suspect, but sometimes nature takes things too far. You are of course right that filtering out the things we can't control, so that they don't clog up the worry box, is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I knew where my worry button was, I would disconnect it. Permanently. I have never known it do anything positive and it does bring me a lot of grief.
    Beautiful photos - and I hope things continue to improve in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I should stop worrying so much about others, I was told, by someone who insisted they were perfectly capable of devoting sufficient worry to themselves without me helping out with the worrying

    Ye tit's wonderful you worry over me so much - much appreciated, DQS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course you were not the one yesterday James, but it is true that I do worry about you. I worry about you very much... doubly so because you don't seem to worry about yourself so I need to do it all for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always felt that the time I spend worrying and imagining all the various things I can worry about is time well spent. As you say, those are the things that don't usually happen. So all we have to do to make the world a generally better place is to spend less time fighting and making money and devote much more time to worrying en masse about the myriad things that we can't conjure by ourselves.

    The daffodils are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to be a worrier. I've learnt to let go of some worries but not others. Taoism as a philosophy has led me on this.
    I think that worry can be in part a result of having an active imagination - it goes in all directions.

    ReplyDelete