Wednesday, 10 April 2013

A quiet walk disturbed

A forty minute walk through the cold evening in perfect peace and then a police car came tearing past me all flashing lights and screaming siren and blurry speed, heading to the village. Then very soon it came tearing past again in the opposite direction, lights and siren still disturbing the evening. Wrong village? For a moment I wondered if someone had called them because of their fear of seeing me in the woods, as has happened before. We have a few nervous fifty-something ladies who seem to assume that any fifty-something man in a black leather jacket and a black woolly hat must be a villain. Should I change my uniform? I have apparently been described as "lurking" in the woods, when actually all I was doing was harvesting free golf balls over the fence alongside the 3rd fairway. Anyway... It wasn't me they were after this time, though I wonder if one of the officers said, "Oh there's that big lurker again," as they passed.






15 comments:

  1. How inconsiderate of the police to disturb you. The least we should expect is that they go about their work quietly.

    I hope you have recovered from your trauma.

    I think I see a likeness between you and Clumsy (from my place). Certainly, you are both other-worldly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pondering seeking compensation for the distress caused Calum, having heard of many more ludicrous claims (not least the recent one from a police officer who tripped over a kerb that was located exactly where it was meant to be located).

    The claim of any resemblance between myself and Clumsy is also causing me considerable distress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try to claim compensation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May pop an email off to the firm of Carter-Ruck, who I understand are very good at working for deserving cases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do that, Don, but I think you'll find they are conflicted. I already retain them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. That first one of the tree is my favourite!

    Lots of nervous Nellies around your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fine shape of a tree Knatolee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be grateful you were not arrested. You're doing your best to look like a dangerous alien or out of this world.

    That tree is a winner! Brave little flowers. We're expecting snow in the morning....

    ReplyDelete
  9. All beautiful - though naturally Tree Time is my favourite.
    How fortunate that the boys were not hunting for you - today at anyrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place is becoming a tree-lovers retreat. It really is a good one. Very expressive branches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the image of the tree is absolutely stunning! not bad for a lurker!

    ReplyDelete