Sunday, 6 January 2013

Nightclasses for Adrig and Edrig

Purely in the interests of rigorous research for my literary endeavours, as I am a very thorough chap...

I have found the perfect place for Adrig and Edrig to study more about life on Planet Earth:

Image from poledivas.com.au

Many years ago I was given a "Young Author" grant from The Society of Authors to help fund a year of research on a worthy book. I wonder if they might now give me a "Grubby Old Author" grant to join these ladies in their classes so that my developing account of the adventures of Adrig and Edrig can have the authenticity that is required? I am sure the lithe and pretty young ladies would welcome me in my Mankini. I'd be happy to wear the high heels if they are compulsory (or even if they are not).

Oh... My lithe and pretty Lady Lord, who was sleeping by my side (I thought) has just stirred, turned over towards me, and perused the bright image that I am giving so much attention in the middle of my lonely dark night. I must sign off now and try to explain.

10 comments:

  1. Simply research my Lady Lord, just research...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps she read your thoughts whilst she was sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I hope not Cherie, although she knows me well enough so I don't suppose she'd be too surprised.

    Exactly, EC. My devotion to research is admirable, surely?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you just shopping for an exercise pole?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so long as you did not to extensive research trips to said establishment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claude: Actually I was doing a Google search for pole dancing classes. Do I need to explain further?

    Jams: I'm sure I will find somewhere nearer home than Australia (although it's tempting).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you explain a little bit further please? Or start at the beginning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh... Pole Dancing classes have arrived in Perth, UK, my local town

    (http://www.polestormers.co.uk/#)

    Edrig will be interested, for he is currently wandering around here as his adventure continues. So I have some research to do. I am sure they will be very welcoming to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to boldly go where Edrig will go, to scout things out for him and ensure authenticity. I had to spend some time drinking with old men and talking to young girls in a bar today. Nobody said life was meant to be easy. One of the girls wants to be written in by name as a "love interest" for Edrig. I'm not sure how far I will need to take the personal research on that issue. Ah well, another busy afternoon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm filled with compassion for you. Remember all the hours Michael Angelo spent on his back painting that ceiling?...It was worth it finally!

    ReplyDelete