Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Coming, Going, Growing

It is ten minutes past midnight here, and apparently in the first ten minutes of my 2013 I can expect at least 2670 humans to have been born and 1080 to have died, giving us 1590 more people to live with overall.

Welcome

Goodbye

Good Luck

I say "at least" because these are actually rates measured two years ago, and things have speeded up a bit since then. Where will it all end? When will it start declining? Why ask such daft questions?

Predictions? Forecasts? More of the same nonsense, I'd say.

Happy New Year

4 comments:

  1. A nice mild morning in prospect though, according to the rather stern lady in the maroon dress with a face and hands caught suggesting she would like to strangle someone, probably a man. But I may be misinterpreting. I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a vilely hot and windy day here. Bring back winter - all is forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see following on from my previous comment the weather forecast was correct for a change ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mild day.Even possible to put washing on the line!

    ReplyDelete