Monday, 12 November 2012

Responsibility

'Muuuuumm! Do you have a spare pair of knickers for me?' wails a young girl's voice across the swimming pool changing areas, where we are all busy in our private cubicles getting dressed or undressed.

'No I don't,' shouts the mother, clearly from a separate cubicle, 'Why do you need one? Dare I ask?'

'A big mess mum,' comes the reply. 'I can't wear them. Should I just leave them here?'

'No!'

'Why not?'

'It wouldn't be very nice for someone to have to deal with your mess, would it?'

'But it's not very nice for me! Anyway, they get paid don't they? Why did you not bring a spare pair? It's not my fault that you didn't bring a spare pair.'

'Just hold on and I'll get a bag,' comes the resigned voice of the mother, who is always to blame for everything, I reckon.

I blame the parents.

Oh...

7 comments:

  1. Shudder. At least the mother had some responsibility, and hopefully her daughter will learn from her example. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog!

    How old was this girl?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and thanks for visiting. This was all just overheard across the changing rooms so I never saw her, but from her speech and her voice I would estimate about 10 or 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worrying thing is she was swimming in the pool a few moments before!!

    Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately I was on my way out after my shower, or I may have found the conversation more disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thought does remind me of an unpleasant incident when I visited a hotel in London.

    I had just emerged from a nice relaxing bath and wrapped myself up in a fresh fluffy white towel. It was freshly laundered but then I noticed the laundering hadn't quite made it as fluffy and clean as it might have been :-(

    This resulted in me having a shower to recover from the thought of the incident...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. Not nice. Hotels can be a problem sometimes.

    ReplyDelete